Friday 15 March 2019

My Accident Story



The Daredevil

February 2019

By Rosa


I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount.

Me, Rosa as a three year old was the daredevil of the family, always trying to find new ways of getting into trouble. However there was my older brother Titi, the good child that would always get to do things I wasn’t allowed to do. My mum would say always say, “It is because Titi is older!” But this average afternoon was where I took my chance and where the adventure began.


I clutched my fingers around the bars of the gate as if I was in jail, watching my perfect brother going down the hill on his flash bike. He was allowed outside of the prison, while I was trapped inside the gates. I would ride my plastic motorbike on my flat pathway seeing the view of my brother zooming past me down the hill having the best time of his life while I was suffering in a cage and having no fun at all. This happened every time we rode our bikes.


Today was a regular day of bike riding my mum as always was supervising me and my brother as he went down the hill and I went up and down the flat path until… ring, ring the phone rang. There at that moment, my mum opened the gate rushing to get the phone forgetting to close the gate behind her. I knew that this was my moment to shine.

I got my motorbike ready looking side to side then I walked through the gate of the prison and rushed up the hill with my motorbike. Finally I was on top of the hill, “Brum, brum!” getting the engines ready. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 … blast off, at this point I was trying to put my foot on the ground to push but I keep going faster and faster I could see my brother rushing towards me, and mum joining in the panic.


I was having the best time of my life screaming with excitement with that wind blowing on my face … but on the other hand mum was screaming and waving at me. I thought it

was strange so I took my hands of the handle bars and did a huge wave back to mum, “Hi Mum.” Then my bike started shaking going left and right before I went straight into a brick wall. BAM! I smashed my head on the brick wall screaming with pain as blood rushed from my forehead. Mum called the ambulance.


The ambulance took me to the hospital and gave me five stitches in my forehead, I had concussion so I couldn't sleep because if I did my brain would have shut down. I still have that scar today and decided from that point on I would only ride my motorbike inside the prison gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment